It is a fact that people who are underweight want to gain weight for many reasons. People are also obese in the US. How to gain weight fast and safely if you are underweight, will tell you some ways to get gain some healthy weight.
It is clear that about two-third people of the US are overweight or fat. If you are skinny, you would face some physical problems.
People should be fit and have appropriate body weight and it does boost their confidence in many ways to make their personality more attractive.
Additionally, some people have the right body weight but they wish to build some more muscles.
If you are not clinically underweight and gain weight to gain muscles, this article will tell you how to gain weight safely in the shortest time.
WHAT DO WE MEAN BY UNDERWEIGHT HERE
If you are obese then you have to get fit by dropping weight but if you are underweight, you need to gain weight.
It is very easy to see if you are underweight or not s being underweight means having a body mass index below18.5.
If you have it below 18.5 then it would mean you have less body mass to sustain optimal health.
Conversely, if it is over 25, you are overweight and if it is more than 30, you are considered obese as per BMI.
Let’s use the right BMI calculator. You need to know that there are some problems with the BMI scale as it only looks at weight and height.
It is unable to take muscle mass into account. Some underweight people are naturally very skinny but they are healthy.
Remember, If you are underweight as per this BMI scale then it would not mean that you have a health issue or problem.
However, being underweight is around 2-4 times more common among women and girls as compared to men.
HEALTH CONSEQUENCES OF BEING SKINNY OR UNDERWEIGHT
No doubt, Being fat or obese is one of the biggest issues in the world.
If you are underweight, it is also bad for your health which increases the risk of early death in both women and men.
However, being underweight may be riskier for you than being fat.
There are many protein foods in the market. Adding to it, being underweight is more dangerous for men as compared to women.
Underweight People are more likely to get sarcopenia which is age-related muscle wasting.
Being underweight may get them a risk of dementia.
REASONS FOR BEING UNDERWEIGHT
There are many medical conditions that could cause unhealthy weight loss.
The article, ‘How to gain weight fast and safely if you are underweight’ would give proper information to avoid or stop weight loss.
- Celiac disease: It is the most severe form of gluten intolerance. The worst thing is that people would not know or have an idea that they have it.
- Eating disorders: It is again very dangerous because it is a serious mental disorder, called anorexia nervosa.
- Cancer: Weight loss can be due to cancerous tumors which often burn large amounts of calories.
- Diabetes: If someone has uncontrollable diabetes( type 1), it could lead to severe weight loss in this case.
- Infections: There are many types of infections but certain infections make someone severely underweight or skinny. For example, parasites, HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis.
You are advised to see the doctor and avoid any serious health issues as soon as you realize it.
If you find that you are losing weight without even trying and realize that there is something wrong with your health, get in touch with the doctor without a second thought.
HOW TO GAIN WEIGHT IN A HEALTHY WAY.
If you are skinny or underweight, you want to put on a balanced amount of muscle mass without unhealthy belly fat.
- You should not drink water before meals. This could fill your stomach. It can also make it tough to get in enough calories.
- You need to eat more often so you should squeeze in an extra or additional meal whenever you can like before bed.
- You need to consider milk too as milk is a good source of protein.
- You need to try weight gainer shakes. These shakes are high in protein, calories, and carbs.
- You should use bigger plates to get in more calories, as smaller plates may cause some people to automatically eat lesser or less.
- You can also add cream to coffee. In this way, you can get more calories.
- You should get quality sleep. Sleeping properly is important for muscle growth.
- It is always advisable to eat your protein first and vegetables last. If somehow you get a mix of foods served then choose to eat calorie-dense foods first and opt to eat vegetables last.
- You should not smoke. Smokers mostly tend to weigh less than non-smokers.
EAT ENERGY-DENSE FOODS
Whole, single0ingredient foods will help you a lot to gain weight.
The problem would be that these foods are more filling as compared to junk foods, making this harder to take or get in enough calories.
Choose energy-dense foods as these foods can give you many calories
Some energy-dense foods are mentioned below to gain weight:
- Nuts: you can always choose almonds, peanuts, etc.
- Dried fruit: As far as weight gain is concerned, you also get help from raisins, dates, prunes, and others.
- High-fat dairy: These dairy products like whole milk, full-fat yogurt, cheese, cream are good to gain weight.
- Fats and oils: Among fats and oils, you can give preference to extra virgin olive oil.
- Grains: It is always a good idea to opt for whole grains like oats and brown rice.
- Meat: Chicken, beef, pork, and lamb can give you a better and quick way to gain weight.
- Dark chocolate, peanut butter, granola, and coconut milk can surely help you to gain weight.
It would be a bit tough for some people to gain weight but ‘how to gain weight fast and safely. I
f you are underweight’, this article can help you choose a healthy way to gain weight.
Gaining weight most of the time depends on eating habits and the foods we choose to eat.